INCLUSION AND EXCLUSION POLICY
The Aging and Disability Resource Center of Fond du Lac County provides information and assistance services. This service is designed to support older adults, people with disabilities, their caregivers and the general public to access up-to-date information about services that are available in their area. The resource database is a tool that supports the provision of information and assistance services.
The purpose of this policy is to provide a framework for the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Fond du Lac County to develop and maintain a resource database in support of the provision of information and assistance services. This policy also could be used to support decisions addressing what printed information (e.g., brochures, guidebooks, and promotional material) is exhibited in the lobby or waiting room of the Aging and Disability Resource Centers. Professional standards also promote the uniform application of the criteria and publishing the inclusion/exclusion policy as a way to inform the public of the scope and limitations of the database.
RESOURCE INFORMATION INCLUDED:
In order to provide objective data to consumers to aid in making informed choices, the database will include agencies that provide assistance for the general public.
- Information on programs that are provided by, funded by or licensed by a federal, state or local government agency.
- Non-profit agencies providing a community service.
- Organizations (such as churches, social clubs and professional organizations) which, offer a service to the community at large.
- Proprietary organizations which offer services in the area of health, mental health, recreation, education, home maintenance, arts and culture, to the general public.
- Housing establishments, for-profit, commercial, private, governmental, or not-for-profit.
- Self-help/support groups.
- Hospitals, health clinics, specialized care centers.
- Professional organizations (especially those organizations in the social service field). These may include: Counseling/psychiatry; Medical; Dental; Legal; Advocacy groups.
RESOURCE INFORMATION EXCLUDED:
- Agencies, which deny services, based on age, gender, race, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
- Inclusion in the database is a privilege not a right and organizations may be refused to be included. An organization may request reconsideration; these requests can be submitted to the Aging & Disability Resource Center of Fond du Lac County.
The Aging and Disability Resource Center of Fond du Lac County reserves the right to edit information to meet format, guidelines, and space requirements. If space does not allow, the ADRC may choose not to include a program if it is not closely related to the purposes above or is not located in Fond du Lac County. The only exceptions will be agencies/businesses with a corporate address outside of Fond du Lac County but who do a substantial business in this County, and agencies/businesses who provide a unique service otherwise not available in Fond du Lac County. The ADRC of Fond du Lac County also reserves the right to refuse or discontinue listings for organizations or programs that have had serious complaints lodged against them with any regulatory body or with Aging and Disability Resource Center of Fond du Lac County.
The Aging and Disability Resource Center of Fond du Lac County assumes no responsibility regarding the quality of services of agencies and programs in the Resource Database.
Disclaimer: Inclusion does not imply endorsement and omission does not indicate Disapproval.